Servings: 1 sandwich
2-3 TBSP pimento cheese (I used store bought pimento cheese but feel free to make your own!)
2-3 slices of cooked ham
1/3 cup swiss cheese
1 TBSP Hellman's Creamy Balsamic Mayo (you can use whatever type of mayo you prefer)
1/2 TBSP butter
1 whole wheat English muffin
*Optional: Banana pepper rings
Bread and butter pickle slices
The accompanying photos to this recipe show 2 sandwiches being made: one with the regular ingredients and one with the optional ingredients.
(1) Spread butter on the outsides of both halves of the english muffin in order to prevent the english muffin from sticking to the skillet and to add a little more flavor to the bread.
(2) Spread the mayo on the insides of both halves of the english muffin.
(3) On the inside of the bottom half of the english muffin, spread pimento cheese.
(4) Place the slices of ham on top of the pimento cheese. Put the optional ingredients on top of the ham.
(5) Sprinkle the pimento cheese on top of the ham.
(6) Put the other half of the english muffin on top of the swiss cheese and transfer sandwich over to your skillet. There is no need to spray the skillet with cooking spray since you coated the outsides of your bread with butter. Cook the sandwiches over medium-high heat and flip when the bottom side is a golden brown.
(7) When both outside halves of the muffin are golden brown, remove sandwich from skillet and enjoy!
|Pimento Cheese and Ham Melt with Optional Ingredients|
|Pimento Cheese and Ham Melt|